ABOUT LAZY LILY
Lazy Lily Fansubs is a very small group composed of two experienced core members (SHiN & Uichan) and is supported by numerous talented individuals. Lazy Lily Fansubs were once known as SHiN-gx Fansubs and we’ve been fansubbing since 2007. The reason for the name change is we want to avoid ego-stroking and SHiN is not the only member of the group. The name Lazy Lily is the English localization for Yuru Yuri. Our very first fansub was the third Kyoushiro to Towa no Sora DVD special.
FANSUBBING & SCANLATION PHILOSOPHY
- We translate things that we genuinely love. We do not translate shows just because they’re popular, just because they’re being neglected, or just because no one is translating them better. If we love the series, we’ll pick it up.
- We may drop projects if we think we can no longer handle the load and or find it difficult due to outside responsibilities.
- With a few exceptions, Lazy Lily is mainly focused on Slice-of-Life and Yuri-centric content. Our doujinshi department is 100% yuri-focused.
- Lazy Lily’s fansub department is currently focusing its efforts in translating OVAs, shorts, ONAs and movies.
- No honorifics. Japanese honorifics are not English, my dear viewer-onee-sama-chan-senpai-kun. We’ll provide a second subtitle track containing honorifics, but we cannot guarantee we’ll provide one for every stuff we do.
- No TL notes on screen. Explaining the joke is stupid. We’ll provide TL notes on the website.
- No karaoke effects. We believe they ruin the experience, they distract you from the key/touching/emotional moments and no one sings along when someone just died on screen.
- Little to no typesetting.
- No honorifics. Japanese honorifics are not English, my dear viewer-onee-sama-chan-senpai-kun.
- No TL notes on the pages. Explaining the joke is stupid. We’ll provide TL notes on the website.
- We will not drop/cancel any translation job if another group are translating the same doujin/scanning the same art book.
- Yuri only.
The people working at Lazy Lily are also very big fans of anime. We love the things we do and we hope we can share and reflect our dedication through our fan-translations. Oh and to show you that simple, readable static subs are all you need to enjoy anime. We will also work hard to make Lazy Lily one of the best sources of Aikatsu! art book scans and yuri-centric doujins focusing on Soleil, Ichigo x Aoi, Ran x Aoi, Ran x Yurika.